|Erin and me at our rehearsal dinner Thursday night.|
I'd say we're pretty lucky. Excitement has been building all week, and seeing a good portion of our family and friends yesterday amplified that even more. But today is the best day of my life — and I know if Erin wasn't so busy, she'd be blogging the same thing.
When I met Erin more than four years ago at Hillsdale College, she was a shy, cute girl who was clearly homesick. Maybe I'll never quite put my finger on what drew me to her, but she was special. After dating for about three months, we knew were going to be great friends.
At last night's rehearsal dinner, we were reminiscing with some friends, and one of them said she remembers being at our house in college for some kind of party, and telling her that I was going to marry Erin. My best man Shawn McKinstry also chimed in with similar stories. It was meant to be for us — and today that is celebrated and sealed forever.
I could go on and on about Erin and I, but I think everyone understands how in love we are and how happy and blessed we are to have one another in our lives.
So, here's a quick rundown of today's festivities. Not only is this a great opportunity for girls who love weddings and dream about weddings, but also for our family and friends who couldn't make the wedding.
• At 9 a.m., the groomsmen and I are heading to the GQ Barbershop to get full shaves and cleaned up, maybe a massage. Keeping it classy.
• (Erin will be crazy busy doing everything in the world to look as beautiful as possible... I know she is going to look amazing.)
• 3:30 p.m. - the first look. Because it gets dark in Denver in December around 4:30, we wanted to make sure we had some good outdoor photos. So Erin and I decided to see each other before the ceremony.
• 4:30 p.m. — Half hour to wedding.
• 5 p.m. —Erin walks down the aisle, and a half hour later we are Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Dodson!
• 6 p.m. Cocktail hour with music provided by a string quartet
• 6:30 p.m. - Dinner begins
•7:30 p.m. - We cut cake
• 8 p.m. - We dance the night away.
Obviously the condensed version, but that's also because I have to get ready now for the best day of my life.
Thank to all of our family and friends who have supported Erin and I throughout our relationship — it's because of you that we're strong today and ready to live our lives together.