Erin still has moments where she gets a little sad that the wedding, itself, is over. That's probably because it was absolutely perfect.
So, on our one month anniversary, Erin and I stayed in our condo, toasted with a craft-brew and thought of the five best things about our marriage after its first month. This also (kind of) counts as Erin's first official blog post! In no particular order, here's our list:
- We're always unusually excited to get home from work. Most people are excited to get off work for the day, but for us, it truly feels like a Friday after each day when we get to come home to our best friend.
- Teamwork. It's safe to say that we have turned into great teammates around the house — it must have been our two years on the Charger Track & Field team together. If Erin is cooking dinner, I might be doing the laundry. Some mornings, I make the bed while Erin makes breakfast, and vice-versa.
- Compromise. It's the number one thing our parents told us going into marriage — that we need to make sacrifices and meet the needs of one another. We've done pretty well so far. And if a little argument pops up, we've been really good at extinguishing the problem.
- Living a new life. Obviously, with marriage comes many "new things" in life, but one of the most obvious is moving into a new home, enjoying new furniture, and growing up together. I can't count how many times I've told Erin, "What we're doing right now is so 'grown up' of us." (Hmm... sounds like a weekly series on our blog...)
- Our new titles. It still doesn't feel real when I tell people at work what "my wife" and I did over the weekend, or when Erin introduces me to her friends as "her husband." But it always makes us smile. We'll get used to it eventually.